OPEI Board Of Directors Appoints New Leadership
Alexandria, Va. – The Board of Directors of the Outdoor Power Equipment Institute (OPEI) met with staff recently at the association’s headquarters building to discuss the challenges and opportunities ahead for the outdoor power equipment industry.
During the meeting, the Board appointed Rob Moll, CEO of MTD, as a director, and named Tom Duncan, President and CEO of Positec, to the executive committee as secretary/treasurer.
“As the outdoor power equipment industry continues to evolve, so does OPEI. Thanks to an engaged Board of Directors, our association remains well-positioned to represent our members’ interests and respond to the challenges and opportunities facing the industry in the coming years,” said OPEI President and CEO Kris Kiser.
OPEI’s 2019-2020 officers and members of its Board of Directors are:
OPEI Chair: Bjoern Fischer, President, STIHL, Inc.
OPEI Vice Chair: Rick Olson, Chairman, President and CEO, The Toro Company
OPEI Secretary/Treasurer: Tom Duncan, President and CEO, Positec USA
Immediate Past Chair: Dan Ariens, Chairman and CEO, Ariens Company
The other members of the OPEI Board of Directors are:
· Earl Bennett, President, Husqvarna North America, Husqvarna Professional Products
· Edward B. Cohen, Vice President, Government & Industry Relations, American Honda Motor Company, Inc.
· Tim Dorsey, President, Echo Incorporated
· Peter Hampton, President and CEO, Active Exhaust Corporation
· Tim Merrett, Vice President, Global Platform Turf & Utility, Deere and Company
· Lee Sowell, President, Outdoor Products, Techtronic Industries Power Equipment
· Todd Teske, Chairman, President and CEO, Briggs and Stratton Corporation
· Mark Wagner, President and CEO, Club Car, LLC
· Joe Wright, President and CEO, Excel Industries, Inc.
The Outdoor Power Equipment Institute (OPEI) is an international trade association representing power equipment, small engine, utility vehicle, golf car and personal transport vehicle manufacturers and suppliers. OPEI is the advocacy voice of the industry, and a recognized Standards Development Organization for the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) and active internationally through the International Standards Organization (ISO) and the International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) in the development of safety and performance standards. OPEI is managing partner of GIE+EXPO, the industry’s annual international trade show, and the creative force behind the environmental education program, TurfMutt.com. OPEI-Canada represents members on a host of issues, including recycling, emissions and other regulatory developments across the Canadian provinces.