Enter To Win: America’s Main Streets Contest
VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. – Independent We Stand is pleased to announce the launch of the fourth annual America’s Main Streets contest. The three-month long web-driven contest helps consumers, small business owners and Main Street organizations reward a deserving Main Street with $25,000 in cash and sponsor-related prizes. Whether your local Main Street is making a comeback or never lost its staying power, Independent We Stand invites the public to help draw attention to the vital role America’s Main Streets play in the long-term success of communities by nominating and voting for their favorite Main Street.
“We know Main Streets across America help build a sense of place in their communities and are home to countless small, locally-owned businesses,” says Independent We Stand co-founder Bill Brunelle. “Independent We Stand wants to help them thrive and have an even greater economic impact by recognizing the pride business owners and communities take in their Main Streets. This contest is a chance to share those stories.”
All nominations and voting take place on MainStreetContest.com beginning at 10 a.m. EST on February 25.
To help promote the contest, the Independent We Stand team heads out for the “Great American Red, White & Q” road trip starting March 4. The team will visit some of the best U.S. cities for barbeque by making stops on five iconic Main Streets in five days where they will eat, sleep and shop local as well as interview and engage with small businesses, their customers, Main Street groups and small business organizations. You can follow their journey through Asheville, N.C.; Nashville, Tenn.; Memphis, Tenn.; St. Louis, Mo. and Kansas City, Mo. on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
· February 25 to April 21: “America’s Main Streets” nominations and quarterfinalist voting
· March 4-8: “Great American Red, White & Q” road trip
· April 29 to May 26: “America’s Main Streets” semifinalist voting
· June 3: “America’s Main Streets” winner announced
· July 4: “Main Streets Make Us Better” event; “America’s Main Streets” winner announces plans for $25,000 grand prize
Additional contest prizes include:
· STIHL Equipment Certificate for $1,000 worth of STIHL equipment good at any STIHL dealer in the U.S.
· Do it Best Corp. $500 shopping spree
· Free One Day Downtown Assessment from Flip This Town
· Nationwide Marketing Group $500 shopping spree
· PPG Paints $500 shopping spree
· Public relations and social media recognition
· A special plaque for the winner to proudly display
STIHL Inc., America’s number-one selling brand of gasoline-powered handheld outdoor power equipment, is the founding sponsor of Independent We Stand and the presenting sponsor of America’s Main Streets contest. The company follows a unique distribution strategy in the handheld outdoor power equipment industry, choosing never to sell products at big box stores, but instead remain loyal to its 9,000+ authorized local STIHL dealers nationwide.
· Do it Best Corp.
· Flip This Town
· Nationwide Marketing Group
· North American Retail Hardware Association
· PPG Paints
About Independent We Stand
Independent We Stand is a nationwide movement of independent small business owners whose mission is to inspire other small business owners to better understand and celebrate their locally-owned status while educating consumers about the importance and strong economic benefits of supporting them. The Independent We Stand movement is sponsored by STIHL Inc. STIHL products are sold through more than 9,000 authorized local STIHL dealers from coast to coast – not big box stores. Associate sponsors include Nationwide Marketing Group, PPG and Do it Best Corp.