Featured Bid - New Downtown YMCA
The Scott County Family YMCA has announced $7.2 million received in the initial fundraising stage for a new downtown Davenport YMCA location. The new Downtown Davenport YMCA will be adjacent to the Y's current Early Learning Center on 4th Street.
The current plan for the new YMCA facility includes:
• 3 stories overlooking downtown and the Mississippi
• 2 swimming pools featuring lap swimming, warm water therapy, youth and family areas
• A full-size gym that will also be used to serve more children and families in the summer and out of school times.
• Community areas for people to gather
• Cardio, strength, and state of the art exercise equipment.
• An indoor track, most likely close to 1/8-mile • YMCA Corporate offices and community meeting areas
• Estimated space of 60-70,000 sq ft.
The YMCA wants to finish raising money by summer 2019 and break ground that fall. The new location is tentatively set to open in late 2020.
Project Status: Pre-Design
Location: Davenport, IA
Estimated Value: $20,000,000
Publish Date: 2/3/2015
Updated Date: 10/4/2018
Construction Start: 10/1/2019
Scott County Family YMCA
606 W. Second St.
Davenport, IA 52801
Phone: (563) 345-4271