Outdoor Foundation Releases Impact Report

The Outdoor Foundation, which is dedicated to inspiring and growing future generations of outdoor enthusiasts, released its 2014 Outsiders Ball Impact Report, which reveals that 171,817 hours were spent outdoors through funded projects. The report provides other details about the 100 innovative outdoor projects that were supported thanks to the Outsiders Ball, the Outdoor Foundation’s annual fundraising event that rallies the outdoor industry around the growing divide between young people and nature.

“This impact report is evidence of the ongoing affect of the industry’s support through the Outdoor Foundation’s Outsiders Ball,” said Chris Fanning, executive director of the Outdoor Foundation. “Thanks to sponsors, attendees, leaders and luminaries in the outdoor industry, the Outsiders Ball lives on throughout the year through the grassroots projects that connect thousands of Americans with meaningful outdoor experiences.”

The 2014 Outsiders Ball raised nearly $300,000 and funded projects that engaged more than 25,000 Americans across the United States in outdoor activities. Eighty percent of participants were youth, and they spent a collective 171,817 hours outdoors. Almost half of projects (49 percent) activated campus communities and the other half (51 percent) focused on community outreach.

The event, which was sponsored by the outdoor industry’s leading brands, hosted more than 1,000 partygoers. An even bigger crowd is expected at this year’s event, which will take place on August 5, 2015 at the Gallivan Center in Salt Lake City, Utah. The Foundation is now looking for Sponsors for the 2015 Ball. To learn more and get involved, contact the Outdoor Foundation.

Bryan BuchkoComment